Becoming a New Patient
To qualify for the for the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana program you must be a resident of Pennsylvania with proof of residency from a valid PA driver’s license or state-issued ID with your current address.
Step 1 – Review If you qualify
The following is the list of approved conditions that qualify for medical marijuana in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as of January, 2019:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Cancer, including remission therapy.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies.
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders.
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorders.
- HIV / AIDS.
- Huntington’s disease.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Intractable seizures.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Muscle Spasms
- Neurodegenerative diseases.
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD).
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain.
- Sickle cell anemia.
- Spinal cord disease or injury
- Terminal illness.
- Tourette Syndrome
Detailed information can be found out about the state requirements at:
Step 2 – Create your profile in Pennsylvania Registry
Have your valid Pennsylvania license or State ID when registering.
Visit https://padohmmp.custhelp.com/app/login and register. When done registering they will give you a State ID number, keep that ID you will need that for later.
Step 3 – Make an appointment
Call or text 267-586-1000 to set up an appoinment.
Prices for visits:
- New Patients: $199.
- Renewals (New Patients to us): $199.
- Renewals / SSI / Vets: $199.
Step 4 – New Patients Forms
Fill out New Patients Forms and include the State ID you received when registering.
Step 5 – Visit our office
On your first visit, one of our physicians will perform an in-person examination and discuss your qualifying condition and health issues with you. Your appointment will be for 30 minutes; arrive 15 minutes early if you need to finish filling out the forms. We will also explain the need for the medical records from your primary care physician that documents your qualifying condition. We will happily obtain the records for you after you sign a medical release form.
Step 6 – Getting Medical Marijuana Card
Once approved by the state, log back onto https://padohmmp.custhelp.com/app/login and pay $50.00 to the PA DOH. You should receive card in 7-10 days.
Step 7 – Visit a Dispensary
Once you receive your card you can go visit a dispensary. List of dispensaries
Step 8 – Follow up visit
Make a follow up visit to see how you are doing with the medical maijuana.